Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Lucas Sanford takes Rd1 of the Top Notch Series!


This past weekend was the first race of the new Top Notch Series (TNS). Round 1 would kick off at my home track, SDRC Raceway. Lucas recaps

"8th scale E buggy: I chose to use the Tekin RX8 ESC with the T8 2050 motor. After the first round of qualifying, I was sitting in 10th place. My heat was riddled with traffic, and a turn marshal error cost me about 15 seconds after the marshal falling on top of my buggy and turning me upside down twice. Team Associated's Kody Numedahl would take the first round TQ. The second round of qualifying was a much cleaner heat for me, and I put in a flawless run to snatch the TQ away from Numedahl. Numedahl and I were in separate heats each round, so I would have to wait and watch to see if I would retain TQ. Numedahl put in a good run his second round, but could not manage to run quicker than my TQ time, so I started first on the grid for the A main event.

The A main for 8th scale E buggy was undoubtedly the most exciting race of the entire night. From the sound of the start tone, it was a battle between Numedahl and myself around every corner. I went wide on an uphill turn and went up on two wheels. Numedahl made a pass on the inside, only for me to take back the lead with a pass on the next lap. The entire race, everyone on the sidelines was yelling with excitement as our cars went around each corner together. From that point on, I would retain the lead, with Numedahl looking to pass on every corner, only about a car length behind me. With 30 seconds to go, Numedahl went for broke and tried to make a jumping pass and rolled over. I stretched my lead to 4 seconds. Time ran out and I crossed the finish line in the top spot, with Numedahl in second. My Kyosho MP9 TKI3 with the Tekin RX8 ESC and T8 2050 motor was extremely consistent and fast the entire night."


No comments:

Post a Comment