Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Ryan Lutz takes big wins at the Southern Nats.


4WD SC – On Friday during my first practice packs on the track I made it 3 laps before I broke the rear aluminum diff hoop. Of course this being a part I wouldn’t expect to break I didn’t have any spares and so luckily I was able to have someone next day air me the part so that I could compete come race days. Come Satruday the part arrived around 11AM. To late to make the first qualifier so I had just the last two left and needed to make them count. Having only had a couple laps on the track and when it was much smoother I wasn’t sure how I was going to fare. Luckily my Tekin powered Durango DESC410RV2 was up to the task and was absolutely blistering on this track. Down the long front straight my Tekin Rx8 and Pro 4 4600 4-pole and ProTek batteries supplied all the power I needed and it was smooth sailing those last two qualifiers. I was able to take commanding TQ’s of both rounds and secure the overall.

Come Sunday it was time for Triple A’s. In A1 the first race of the morning and starting on pole I just took off and did what I did during the qual's. I built a stronger lead lap after lap and went on to win by quite a margin. In A2 it was much the same. The track had dried out a bit and a groove had actually formed in some areas making the track a little faster. I was able to put in a few 41 second lap times with my SC truck which was only just a little over a second slower than my 1/8th scales! My truck was dialed and went on to compliment the TQ with the Win.

1/8th Electric Buggy – My Tekin powered Durango DEX408 was dialed this weekend. The rough track was no match for it as I was able to take some commanding TQ’s in all 3 qualifiers and thus taking the overall TQ. Come main time it was much the same as in 4wd SC. I would start on pole and never look back. Pulling a larger lead each lap coming away with some solid victories in both A1 and A2 and thus the overall Win. I chose the Tekin Rx8 and Tekin T8 1900 motor in this class.



No comments:

Post a Comment