Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Motorama Crawling is full of Tekin!


Motorama was once again full of tough competition. Crawlers from all over gathered for this very unique event.
Arthur Bell reports: 


"Next up was 1.9 Pro, this time only the top 5 were advancing and I was ready as I drove my first course my goal was only to complete it, it was a tough course but I finished with a 14, on to the next one with a little more confidence in my rig and finished with a-2. As I approached my third and final course the judges were calculating, to make the top 5 I needed to get negative score, -7 would do, I looked at them and said, " no pressure, eh??". I put my rig in it's place on the course and started, gate one was no issue but as I approached gate two a wheel got stuck in a hole and flipped my truck upside down!! I took a breath and just tried to work it out, using the throttle to rock the rig back and forth so it would flip itself back over, now I was worried that the timer was getting low, and finally it righted itself!! I still had 4 more gates to go!! Ok, back to work!! Finally got lined up and drove gate 2 without a problem and managed to drive the remaining gates without issue, finished!! Thinking I had blown my chances, I looked up at the Judge and asked what I got. Chris from RC Driver magazine was the Judge, and he said "thanks a lot, you got a -7 and bumped me from the top 5!!" We shared a laugh and then turned my final score in. It was good enough not only for top 5, but 3rd place!! As I was the last one to run, it was time for some food and rest, tomorrow is the top 5 finals!! Day 3: Day 3 started the same as day 2, up early, coffee, and off to the event!! The 2.2 Pro top 25 was up first and the drivers came to work! As I was judging I only able to see one course, but as usual it was brutal and difficult to navigate and kept the drivers thinking!! Soon it was over and the top 5 drivers had been determined, and all were running FXR's!! Next up was the 1.9 top 5 finals. Due to the points gaps and points system, unless a driver had a catastrophic failure or melt down, the finishing place would most likely remain the same, and they did. I finished the day in 3rd place, which I am happy with as this was the first time I had ever driven the rig!!"




1 1.9 TURBOFEST
2 1.9 nitrojeff
3 1.9 PaloAltoK5 (Tekin FXR)
4 1.9 Dclinch
5 1.9 RCROCIN'



1 2.2 Renoirbud (Tekin FXR)
2 2.2 xrra_tj (Tekin FXR)
3 2.2 TURBOFEST (Tekin FXR)
4 2.2 nitrojeff 3 (Tekin FXR)
5 2.2 BullfrogRC (Tekin FXR)

More great info and pictures can be found here: http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/showthread.php?t=299913&page=4





















No comments:

Post a Comment