Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Reo Raceway Cash Race has Tekin drivers getting paid!

The day started off a little rough in the 1st qual as I was unable to get in a groove and made a lot of small mistakes and ended P2 for the first round. The 2nd and 3rd rounds were a lot better as I ended up setting a blistering pace in the 2nd qual and TQ for the round. The 3rd qual was the same way and the car was on rails. I ended up bettering my TQ run from the 2nd round which put me on the grid in P1 for the mains. The 12 minute main started off good as I was able to get a good jump on the start. I was out front of the main and running consistent laps with my fellow Tekin and Hobao teammate Jubal Dike running right there with me. Jubal and I were clicking off fast laps and were starting to pull away from the field until he had a bad marshal mishap which dropped him way down and allowed me to pull away from the field and put a big gap between myself and 2nd place. Once I got out to a big lead I was able to put it in cruise for the last 6 minutes of the main and run away with the win and the cash. My Hobao Hyper 9e with Tekin Power and AKA grip was the perfect combination to put me out front and keep me there all day. 

Michael Malott

No comments:

Post a Comment