Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Graham North takes the win the Round 5 North West Regional win!

Round 5 North West Regional win!

Sunday the 25th of July was the 5rd round of the BRCA North West Regional Championships held at the Southport Radio Car Club.

 After 4 rounds of qualifying Graham was sitting 2nd behind Colin May. The start was fairly regulation until half way around the lap, when Gareth Hill muscled past dropping me down to 3rd, but only a couple of corners latter he made a mistake, allowing me back to chase Colin. It was on lap 2 that all hell broke loose. Colin threw it off the track and at the same time there was a huge crash behind me, the outcome being I was leading by about 8 seconds. From this point I didn’t really look back, just regulating the gap and only doing what was needed and certainly not troubling many apexes!


The race finished with me taking my first in my Tekin powered Durango Dex410 it's first North West Regional win. A nice birthday present! Fellow Tekin Driver Stu Evans finished third.


Thanks to Paul Rotheram for the pictures.


No comments:

Post a Comment